Fat Daddio's Cake Pan - Hemisphere 8" x 4"
- Heats faster and cools quicker
- Even heating - No hot spots!
- Will NEVER rust, chip, or peel
- Temperature rated to 550° F
- Hand wash recommended
Baking in a hemisphere pan is not much different that baking in a regular round pan. There are a few things you should do to be successful.
- In an 8” hemisphere pan you will need 6 ¼ cups of batter. For all other hemisphere pan batter capacities, check out this page.
- For any hemisphere pan 8" or larger, use a flower nail or heating core rod in the middle to pull down heat from the oven into the center of your cake so the inside bakes at the same rate as the outside. Avoid the gooey center.
From there, you can follow your recipe as you would for any other cake. We recommend lowering the temperature 15-20 degrees F, and then checking the cake when the recipe recommends. For some sizes of hemisphere pans, the bake time may be longer than what is in the recipe.